- Large churches
- Strip malls
- Shopping malls
- New commercial construction
- Tennant finish
- Dental offices
- Car washes
- Equipment connection
- Lift stations
- Parking lot lighting
- Buried cable locating / repair
- Well pumps
- Computer Circuits and Cabling
- Building re-wiring and up-grades
- Lighting repair and maintenance
Proper planning prior to the construction phase of a project ensures high-quality results. During the planning phase, we:
- Establish detailed construction schedule highlighting all activities including purchasing, fabrication, shop drawing production and construction work in place.
- Order and expedite the delivery of all material.
- Implement management control of all project activities.
- Prepare and implement subcontract agreements and purchase orders.
- Service entrance upgrades and service work
- Electrical Safety Inspections
- Aluminum wiring replacement
- Rewiring, new construction, remodeling
- Generator Wiring
- Surge Protection
- Spa, hot tub, swimming pool electrical hookup
- Lighting consultation: interior, exterior, security
- Basement Remodeling
- New residential construction
- Home theater systems
- Attic ventilation, baseboard heat, ceiling & bath fans
- Historic preservation
- Low voltage and High voltage applications
- Cable TV and telephone line installation
An electrical system inspection is recommended if:
- The home is 40 years or older,
- The home is a previously-owned home,
- The home has undergone a major renovation,
- The home has had new major appliances installed within the last 10 years
- The home has not had an electrical inspection within the last 10 years
The electrical system, including the panel, breakers and all wiring, should be of great concern to home buyers and home owners. Very few home inspectors are qualified and have the skill and expertise to make a complete detailed assessment of an electrical system. Our electricians at Carry the Light Electric are knowledgeable, skilled and trained to do an excellent safety inspection at your home or business - we are licensed master electricians. Our basic home inspection already includes an inspection of the electrical system that exceeds industry standards for home inspections. Our typical safety inspection is very customized to your home or business and will include the following items. If we begin to detect problems or issues at one or more components, we will expand our detection process until we have discovered the root issues.
- We remove and inspect a select number of wiring devices (outlets, switches, etc.) to check the condition of the device and the wire feeding the device - a representative number of devices will be checked. (Typically, we check 10-15% of the devices, but if we find problems in some of the devices, we increase the number of devices that we check so that we can better assess the likelihood that problems exist in other areas)
- We check the condition of the device and the wire feeding the device
- We check for open grounds
- We check for proper polarity
- We check the integrity of the connections
- We check to see whether the outlets, switches or devices are properly wired (i.e. proper wiring methods and workmanship)
- We inspect the main panel and sub panels for proper grounding, bonding, and integrity of connections.
- We check the integrity of the water meter bonding jumper if it is present.
- We check for the presence of a driven ground rod and the integrity of the connection.
- We check for proper grounding of supplemental systems such as telephone and cable television and the integrity of the connections.
- We check critical areas for potential corrosion problems that may result from improper connections or the use of dissimilar metals.
- We test the operation of all Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters.
- We test and check the operation of all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Fishing wire in finished applications and unreachable areas
- New circuits
- Decorative lighting
- Christmas outlets
- Electric heat floors and driveways
- Component trouble-shooting and installation
- Chandeliers and ceiling fans
Steve and his crew are awesome at trouble-shooting...we have been very successful where many others have failed.